> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Criminal Law > Can I get the case dismissed, if I can prove that the victim lied in two police reports?

Can I get the case dismissed, if I can prove that the victim lied in two police reports?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 29th, 2013 on Criminal Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
I have been charged in three different boroughs in NJ. 1) Harassment 2) 4th degree stalking, and disrupting traffic. 3) Violating a court order of no contact with the victim. The stalking charges got downgraded, now back to the municipal court. My lawyer is trying to consolidate all three charges in one court. My lawyer explained that in general, the prosecutor, part of the plea deal, will drop two of the charges, still charges me with one count and a fine not exceeding $500. Based on the discovery, there is no evidence that I violated the court order, when the victim alleged that I showed up at her work place (no cameras) , that I did not block the victim car by blocking her way with my car. In two police reports, the victim denied giving me her home address The victim texted me her home address from her cell phone months ago. If I can prove, (phone history), that the victim lied in the police report that she gave me her home address, will I be able to get the case dismissed
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 30th, 2013 at 4:27 PM

if you have the proof that you are innocent, you should go to trial and have the judge find you 'not guilty'. i do not believe that the case will be dismissed without a trial. the problem is the cost for the trial.  ed dimon, esq.

Report Abuse
Criminal Law
Have an Criminal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

332 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

166 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

132 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

121 Answers, 32 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

107 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Criminal Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Clos, Russell & Wirth, P.C.

Westland, MI

| Contact Now

Shewmaker & Shewmaker, LLC

Atlanta, GA

| Contact Now

Patrick J. Jennings

Hackensack, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums