> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Criminal Law > Can I request for charges to be dismissed?

Can I request for charges to be dismissed?

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 20th, 2013 on Criminal Law - California
More details to this question:
I recently was cited for embezzlement and have an upcoming court date. I am a first time offender and just did something really stupid to help out a so called "friend" . Well I entered a civil featuring agreement with the company and have paid them in full before I have even went to court. Can I request the charges be dismissed at my court date?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 21st, 2013 at 9:29 AM

yes generally, a first time offender for non violent crimes can get a program that involves completing classes, or counselling in exchange for a withdrawl of the charges. You may do better with a lawyer to ensure this happens. 

William R. Pelger, Attorney Munhall, Pennsylvania 412-461-1900

Report Abuse
Criminal Law
Have an Criminal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

533 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

124 Answers, 38 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

116 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Renea Overstreet

Attorney - Texas

109 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

68 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

68 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Criminal Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
The Glades Law Firm, P.C.

Joplin, MO

| Contact Now

Lexington Law Credit Repair Services

North Salt Lake, UT

| Contact Now

Ventura Law Associates, P.C.

Fredericksburg, VA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums