> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Expungements > Can you expunge or seal a misdemeanor for domestic violence?

Can you expunge or seal a misdemeanor for domestic violence?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 19th, 2012 on Expungements - Florida
More details to this question:
Found paperwork to start the expungement process, but there is an exception for domestic violence cases. To work at a hospital, you can't have a misdemeanor, so how does one go about getting rid of this?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 27th, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Some states do not allow violent offenses to be expunged.  This may or may not include a DV conviction depending on the state.  You should consult an attorney licensed in Florida on the specifics.  It may be possible but may also require a lot more legal work as opposed to the basic, streamlined process for expunging non-violent offenses.


Simon W. Johnson

Report Abuse
A criminal record can follow you for years, even decades, making it more difficult to get a job or obtain a professional license, qualify for certain security clearances and/or rent an apartment. If you've previously been arrested, charged with a crime or found guilty of a violation, misdemeanor or felony, you may, after a period of time, be able to have your record expunged, or purged. An expungements attorney can explain your state's requirements for expunging, modifying and/or sealing criminal records. If you qualify, your law firm or lawyer can guide you through the expungement process.
Have an Expungements Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

235 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

125 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Diana Anderson

Attorney -

117 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

95 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Alexander Joseph Segal, Esq.

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

82 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

59 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Expungements Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Jonathan Rose, P.A.

Orlando, FL

| Contact Now

Polansky Law Firm

Boulder, CO

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums