1 Answers. Asked on Apr 12th, 2017 on DUI/DWI - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
i was charged with DUI and reckless driving. Will i do jail time. I have never had misdemanor or any other charge in all my life. First offense. I am very scared as I have children. I have no prior DUIs
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Without seeing your charges, it's difficult to say. A lot depends on what your blood alcohol content was. However, if you were licensed to drive and have no criminal record, you will likely be offered ARD, which is a non-jail, diversionary program.

Report Abuse
Driving under the influence (sometimes known as driving while intoxicated/DWI or operating under the influence/OUI) can have serious legal ramifications, from the loss of your driver's license to jail time, fines and increased insurance rates. If you have a commercial driver's license, the penalties can be even more serious. If you've been charged with drunk driving, talk to a criminal defense attorney immediately. A lawyer with DUI defense experience can review the police report, breathalyzer results and other evidence, try to find weaknesses in the prosecutor's case and work tirelessly in your defense. DUI law firms can also work with clients and prosecutors on plea bargains, alternative sentences and license reinstatements.
Have an DUI/DWI Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

346 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

254 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

192 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

148 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

87 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

DUI/DWI Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Law Offices of William J. Reaser., Jr

Stroudsburg, PA

| Contact Now

Bartlett & Spirn, P.L.C.

Williamsburg, VA

| Contact Now

Fishbein Law Firm, LLC

Wallingford, CT

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums