> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Expungements > How do I get a WITHOUT PREJUDICE charge expunged from my record?

How do I get a WITHOUT PREJUDICE charge expunged from my record?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 04th, 2012 on Expungements - Kentucky
More details to this question:
I was charged in 2005 for something I didn't do. Spent 90 days in jail awaiting DNA results. The day the court was to read the results the charges were dismissed without reading. Now I can't get the arrest off my record because it was dismissed without prejudice.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 27th, 2012 at 2:31 PM

You will probably need to file a motion to have that case expunged.  Typically you can get any number of dismissals expunged.  However, courts also usually require that you don't have any current criminal proceedings pending when you apply.  You should contact an attorney licensed in Kentucky to inquire further.


Simon W. Johnson

Report Abuse
Related Questions
Check out some other great questions that you might like.
Have an Expungements Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
A criminal record can follow you for years, even decades, making it more difficult to get a job or obtain a professional license, qualify for certain security clearances and/or rent an apartment. If you've previously been arrested, charged with a crime or found guilty of a violation, misdemeanor or felony, you may, after a period of time, be able to have your record expunged, or purged. An expungements attorney can explain your state's requirements for expunging, modifying and/or sealing criminal records. If you qualify, your law firm or lawyer can guide you through the expungement process.
Have an Expungements Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

318 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

234 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

102 Answers, 35 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Expungements Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Brause, Brause & Ventrice, L.L.C.

Metuchen, NJ

| Contact Now

Fulgham Law Firm P.C.

Fort Worth, TX

| Contact Now

Garvin Law Firm

Fort Myers, FL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums