> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Criminal Law > How to get my dirt bike back? Civil or criminal?

How to get my dirt bike back? Civil or criminal?

1 Answers. Asked on May 07th, 2017 on Criminal Law - South Carolina
More details to this question:
A "friend" offered to help get my dirt bike fixed. Her uncle agreed to fix it for $300 since I already had the part. He also agreed it would be done in 2.5 days (I didn't talk to her uncle.) I followed her to the shop and she took it in. Since, she has stopped returning my text requesting to pick it up. I found her uncle online and he admitted to having it in his possession. (She wouldn't even give me his name or contact info). They have now both stopped responding and I found out he has pending chop-shop charges. Is this a civil case or criminal case? How do I go about getting my bike back? It's been 4 months.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Dr. Michael Gordon Sribnick, Esq. at Michael G. Sribnick, M.D., J.D., LLC
Licenced in SC
Answered on May 09th, 2017 at 11:26 AM

Perhaps both criminal and civil.  The criminal charges would need to be theft and you can report this to the authorities.  As far as a civil case you may wish to sue her in small claims court yourself, as hiring a lawyer may be more expensive than monies recovered depending on the value of the bike.

This answer neither constitutes legal advice nor creates a lawyer/client relationship.

Dr. Michael G. Sribnick, Esq. criminal defense attorney in S.C.

Michael G. Sribnick, M.D., J.D., LLC

Report Abuse
Criminal Law
Have an Criminal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Criminal Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums