> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > DUI/DWI > What happens when you get a D.U.I in a state you do not reside in?

What happens when you get a D.U.I in a state you do not reside in?

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 07th, 2015 on DUI/DWI - South Carolina
More details to this question:
I live in SC and got the D.U.I in FL
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 08th, 2015 at 3:24 PM

For purposes of your SC driver's license, the offense will carry over to SC if you are convicted. In other words, it's about the same as getting a DUI in SC.

Report Abuse
Driving under the influence (sometimes known as driving while intoxicated/DWI or operating under the influence/OUI) can have serious legal ramifications, from the loss of your driver's license to jail time, fines and increased insurance rates. If you have a commercial driver's license, the penalties can be even more serious. If you've been charged with drunk driving, talk to a criminal defense attorney immediately. A lawyer with DUI defense experience can review the police report, breathalyzer results and other evidence, try to find weaknesses in the prosecutor's case and work tirelessly in your defense. DUI law firms can also work with clients and prosecutors on plea bargains, alternative sentences and license reinstatements.
Have an DUI/DWI Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

319 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

DUI/DWI Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Cox Law

Boise, ID

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums