> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Criminal Law > wrongly accused

wrongly accused

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 16th, 2013 on Criminal Law - Florida
More details to this question:
security at a store was watching some homeless guy who was stealing. The guy bumped into my hand cart, while I was looking at a TV. Then said, Walk Away. I did, scared. When I walked out the door, the police stopped & handcuffed me, while they were searching for some woman. When the guy walked out about 10 minutes later and they stopped him. He had merchandise on him. They charged both of us with petite theft. Him with possession of tools as well, I think. I had nothing to do with this crime. The crook even told them I had nothing to do with the crime, yet they still charged me. How can I fight this?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Licenced in FL
Answered on Apr 19th, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You have an absolute right to a jury trial where the State must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.  I suggest you retain an experienced attorney in order to fight these charges.

Allen Geesey, (561) 687 7236,,

Report Abuse
Criminal Law
Have an Criminal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Attorney - New York

360 Answers, 1 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

161 Answers, 41 Legal Topics

Richard Samuel Price

Attorney - California

121 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

110 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

95 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

94 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Cindy S. Vova

Attorney - Florida

91 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Criminal Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Amaro Law Firm

Houston, TX

| Contact Now

Khonsari Law Group, PLLC

St. Petersburg, FL

| Contact Now

Childress Law Firm, PC

Rustburg, VA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums