Posted In Criminal Law Process
- After I was arrested I was allowed to make some calls, but I didn’t get through. Aren’t I allowed more calls?
- Evidence was taken from my home without a search warrant. Isn’t this illegal? Will the case against me be dismissed?
- I was asked to come to the police station regarding an incident at a shopping mall. I went, answered their questions and then left. Will this show up on my record as an arrest?
- My friend has been arrested. Now he’s being told he has an arraignment and a preliminary hearing. Aren’t these the same thing? When can he get out of jail?
Q: After I was arrested I was allowed to make some calls, but I didn’t get through. Aren’t I allowed more calls?
- A:Yes, you’re generally allowed to complete calls. While the number of calls allowed may vary from place to place, the average number is three.
Q: Can a police officer search me, my car, or my home whenever and wherever he wants?