Juvenile Law

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Juvenile Law Case From a Local Attorney

Criminal Law: Expungement FAQ
If you're thinking of trying to have a criminal record expunged (erased) or sealed (hidden), it's important that you understand what may be expunged, as well as when and how. Get detailed information about Expungement and Record Sealing in your state. ... READ MORE

Sexting: Pornography or High Tech Flirting?
Are naked pictures of your teen being sent from person to person or posted on the internet? If your teen has access to a cell phone there's a chance that there are. Three teen girls in Pennsylvania, several boys in their class, a boy in Wisconsin, and other teens all over the country are facing charges ... READ MORE

Can We Send Juveniles to Jail for Life?
In May 2010, in a much anticipated decision, the US Supreme Court answered the question, "Can we send juveniles to jail for life?" And the answer is: Sometimes. The Court ruled that juvenile offenders who've been convicted of crimes involving the killing of another person may be sent to prison for life without ... READ MORE

Arresting Kids
A juvenile may get by with “catch and release” or endure a formal trip to the stationhouse, depending on the circumstances of the stop and the suspected crime. ... READ MORE

Judges Plead Guilty: Youth Sentencing Kickbacks
Operation Greylord. Bernard Madoff. Charles Keating. Pyramid Schemes. All conjure up images of people who viewed themselves as above the law by abusing their positions of power to take money from unsuspecting, trusting citizens. Two Pennsylvania judges have pleaded guilty to taking something even more ... READ MORE

Parents’ Responsibility for Their Children’s Actions
Can you be made to pay for bad parenting? ... READ MORE

Juvenile Crimes and Rehab
If your child is in criminal trouble, you'll want to learn as much as you can about the juvenile justice process. It's best to hire a lawyer to represent your child as soon as possible after you learn of the problem. Remember, however, that the attorney represents the child and not the parent. Arrest ... READ MORE

Juveniles Who Commit Crimes
When juveniles commit crimes, the court treats them differently from adults - especially if they come from a background of abuse or neglect. The court aims to save juvenile offenders from the path they're on and rehabilitate them through counseling and other efforts. But this doesn't always work. Some ... READ MORE

Under 21 Drinking Is a Crime
The laws regarding juvenile drinking vary considerably from state to state. Depending on where you or your child lives and the circumstances involved, the juvenile offense of underage drinking might result in no punishment at all or a misdemeanor charge. The legal drinking age is 21 in all states. Juvenile ... READ MORE

When Your Child Commits a Crime
Even the best of parents might be shocked to discover that their child has been accused of a crime. What does this mean for their child, now and in the future? A person too young to be prosecuted for a crime is usually considered a juvenile offender. Each state has established a juvenile court system ... READ MORE


Get a Free Evaluation For Your Juvenile Law Case From a Local Attorney

Change Location

Get Started *Please enter a valid location.

Juvenile Law Firms in Ashburn, VA 
change location

Swipe to view more

Would it be a violation of probation to be signed out of high school at 16?

Q: I recently started probation and I’ve been failing my classes for a while now and making no significant progress. Parents said if I don’t improve my grades they’ll sign me out and ... Read more

Study Points to Change for Female Juvenile Offenders

Little attention has been shown to violent female adolescents. There is no argument that males commit the majority of the violent crimes in both juvenile and adult categories, violent juvenile females ... Read more


Q: Can a minor be charged with a felony? (forgery, bad checks, theft by deception) What is the punishment? Checks were taken from a friend’s grandparents, their signatures forged, and the checks ... Read more

Can I sue a school district for accusing my son of cheating on a test?

  Q: Can I sue not only the school district but the teacher for accusing my son, without actually catching him cheating? It was a couple days later and because he and the boy that sits next to hi ... Read more

Do I plead guilty to underage drinking?

Q: I got papers in the mail saying I am being charged with 6308 Purchase, Consumption, Transportation of Alcoholic Beverage By A Minor. It’s says it is a fine and a court date. If I plead guilty ... Read more

See more  (55 Blogs on Juvenile Law)

Get Professional Help

Find a Juvenile Law lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys

Talk to an attorney

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you