> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Expungements > Can a Bad Conduct Discharge be Expunged

Can a Bad Conduct Discharge be Expunged

1 Answers. Asked on May 18th, 2017 on Expungements - Tennessee
More details to this question:
A friend received a bad conduct discharge from a branch of service after serving his time for "stealing machinery". The machinery in question never left the building where it was housed, but because it was moved without permission he spent approx. 3 years in the Brig. Is there any way to get this expunged from his record so that when he applies for civilian jobs that hold government contracts this will not be punitive and prevent him from being considered for candidacy? The offense occurred over 10 years ago.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 18th, 2017 at 8:23 AM

You would need to consult with the JAG from the service from which he was discharged to get your answer.

If you would like to contact me personally by either phone or email, you may do so as follows: Patrick Johnson, Johnson, Scruggs & Barfield, 95 White Bridge Road, S. 508, Nashville, Tennessee, 37205, email:; Cell: 615-646-9417; Office: 615-352-8326

Report Abuse
A criminal record can follow you for years, even decades, making it more difficult to get a job or obtain a professional license, qualify for certain security clearances and/or rent an apartment. If you've previously been arrested, charged with a crime or found guilty of a violation, misdemeanor or felony, you may, after a period of time, be able to have your record expunged, or purged. An expungements attorney can explain your state's requirements for expunging, modifying and/or sealing criminal records. If you qualify, your law firm or lawyer can guide you through the expungement process.
Have an Expungements Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

312 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

225 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

175 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums