> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Traffic Violations > Can you go to jail for driving on a suspended license

Can you go to jail for driving on a suspended license

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 03rd, 2013 on Traffic Violations - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I was pulled for several times for driving on a suspended license. I never had my license to begin with. Will I be facing jail time and can I avoid that?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 03rd, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Not likely.

It's a summary offense, similar to any other traffic ticket. 75 Pa. C.S.A. section 1501 states that the penalty is $200.00.

Report Abuse
Traffic Violations
Have you been ticketed for a traffic violation? Whether you were charged with speeding, running a red light or stop sign, reckless driving, improper lane usage, driving under the influence, driving on a expired, suspended or revoked license, or other moving violation, talk to criminal defense attorneys or traffic violation lawyers immediately. Depending on your state's laws, you may be at risk of fines, a revoked license, arrest, imprisonment and other penalties if you are found guilty. Moving violations can also result in higher automobile insurance premiums. A criminal defense law firm may be able to negotiate a plea agreement or even challenge the facts surrounding your ticket, resulting in lower charges and penalties, or charges that are dropped entirely.
Have an Traffic Violations Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

325 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

219 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

110 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

73 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums