> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Sex Crimes > Could a 16 year old boy go to prison for having sex with a 14 year old girl?

Could a 16 year old boy go to prison for having sex with a 14 year old girl?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 28th, 2013 on Sex Crimes - Michigan
More details to this question:
A 16 year old boy had sex with a 14 year old girl, several days before his birthday. He is now 17 and may have gotten the 14 year old girl pregnant. Could he still get into illegal trouble even if he was 16 at the time of which he slept with her? Thanks.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Robert G. Fleming at Law Office of Robert G. Fleming
Licenced in MI
Answered on Mar 04th, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 3rd degree occurs when "a person engages in sexual penetration with another person and if any of the following circumstances exists:

(a) that other person is at least 13 years of age and under 16 years of age.

(2) Criminal sexual conduct in the third degree is a a felony punishable by imprisonment  for not more than 15 years. MCL 750.520d

It does not matter if the actor was only 16. Whether he goes to prison depends on if he is charged as an adult or a juvenile, and if an adult the sentencing guidelines,  but if he is charged as an adult prison is a real possibility.

Report Abuse
Sex Crimes
Have an Sex Crimes Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

336 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

174 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

93 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

88 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums