What can i do

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 28th, 2016 on Criminal Law - Texas
More details to this question:
Charged with poesion 4 to 200 grams of controlled substance that was found on floor behind passenger seat next two my cousins feet but he did not own up too it so me my girlfreind an him gt charged its my girlfriends car i was driving
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Nov 30th, 2016 at 8:24 AM

You need to hire a good lawyer. My guess is you've been charged uner a theory referred to as "joint possession." In other words, the cops arrested you all based on the theory that eveyrone was in on it. You can fight that kind of charge. But, you need representation willing to put in the work, and willing to fight. 

Report Abuse
Criminal Law
Have an Criminal Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

325 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

219 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

110 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

73 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums